Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I print on heavier paper, for example, inkjet printable vinyl, the text or image is cut off at the top of the page. It's almost like the printer starts to print before the media is completely loaded. I've never had this issue before. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your printer does not support Vynil Paper, it only supports select paper types and paper thickness.

You may print on heavier media such as Cards (163 to 200gsm) or Photo Paper (220 to 280gsm) as listed by its specs:

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c01954185

From your description, it is likely that you try using an unsupported paper, either the paper type or too thick paper to be handled by the printer hardware.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.