Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Looking for a recommendation for a Home-office printer-scanner, A4, COLOUR, that will work with the MAC OS Catalina as looking to replace current HP ENVY 4527 as gather may not work well when MACbook is upgraded....

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @innovato

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with your query.

HP ENVY 4527 All-in-One Printer is AirPrint compatible and it is also compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. You may use AirPrint driver to install the printer on the MAC or use the HP Smart app to print and scan.

Click here to get the app for the printer.

Note: HP Easy Scan is not yet compatible with macOS 10.15. Alternatively, you may use the HP Smart app or Apple Image Capture to scan from your MAC. 

If you would like to upgrade, kindly check the new printers available on HP online store. Click here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

I'm asking for a friend who has the HP ENVY 4527, which they use for scanning documents e.g. invoices etc into their Mac Book,

I'm not clear if the HP SMART APP will allow scanning to the Mac, as video seem to indicate it is to scan to a smart phone....

Using apple image capture i find is cumbersome. I've not yet used the current Easy Scan on friends systems as they are away, so I don't know how 'well' that works by comparison to Apple image capture....

Will a new version of your easy scan be coming out at some stage in near future....

For the new printers you offering, do these have a newer version or replacement for the HP SMART Scan or do these also rely on the other methods above...?

HP Recommended

@innovato, thank you for the response.

HP Smart app works on smartphone and on MAC as well. Refer to this document to know how to use HP smart app on MAC.

We do not have a turn around time as when the updated version of HP Easy Scan will be released. Hp will publish a document and a notification on the HP Support site.

All the HP printers use either one of the scanning methods mentioned in my post. Refer to this document to know more about scanning.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.