Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

can you please send me in a private message how to complete a full reset? Thank you.

HP Recommended

I saw your post and have forwarded it to the right people to have it reviewed. You should hear back from someone shortly via private message on this forum.

Keep an eye on the PM (Private Message) envelope at the top right corner of each page. When you see a number next to the grey envelope, click it. That's the way you'll be contacted.

If you need to know how to post a private message

click here

Thanks.

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

You probably have the old software that doensnt have the deep clean function. I had to find the new software, unload the old and reload the new software. new soft ware allows a deep clean or secondary clean.  it didnt help me.  I would give you the link to the software download but cant easily find it. Was in this forum provided by hp guy.  

I am going to try the secret reset if HP gives me the instructions.  u have to private message them.   if that doesnt work, next thing will try that the screen cleaning thing by disassembling the unit to get to the screen/print head.

Good luck

HP Recommended

Totally agree with your post. Unacceptable for HP leave customers in the position of buying a product with a common un-solvable issue; unless of course you take them up on their offer of buying a new printer!

HP Recommended

Kyle can I private message you for the reset instructions? I am having exact issue. 

HP Recommended

Hello @adamnewmanfan,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you are running into some print quality issues on your HP Photosmart 6510, you are unable to print in black ink.

I would like you to continue here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, I understand you may have done some of these steps already but I need you to complete all steps in order to resolve the missing black issue you are experiencing.

Please note: There are three printhead cleaning stages. Complete all three stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. Please let me know which Country/Region you are in as well as the product Warranty status: HP Warranty Checker

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Have a neighbor's Photosmart 6510 with the usual no black print problem.  It did print black for me right after I downloaded the basic software from the HP site. I was going to return it, but I had to try it one more time and alas it no longer prints in black. I have tried all the stuff on the forum site and nothing has worked. Having worked 18 years at the Boise Printer Division, I suspect hp has a software bug. I saw that you could send me information on how to totally reset the printer. If you still can do that, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

HP Recommended

My 6510 is not printing in black also.  Need to print off all holiday documentation and now pulling my hair out.  I am in UK.  Please send me a pm with the reset info.

HP Recommended

Hi @AReed,

Thank you for your continued efforts, I have sent you a Private message on the Forums. Please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Add me to the list - HP 6510 not printing black, tried all suggestions, still nothing.  All other colors print fine.  Am in the US and printer is out of warranty.  Installed new cartridges, so now have more $ invested in ink than the printer cost!  Would someone please advise what can be done?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.