06-18-2018 01:49 PM
Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues while copying from your HP Envy printer. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started?
Does that Scanner bulb light up? Skip the steps if you have already performed
Does the scanner bar move when you open the lid & press the copy button?
Have you tried to make a blank copy from the printer?
Have you checked if the unit can make a standalone copy? If ‘YES’ then it means the scan hardware of the All-in-One works fine.
In the meantime, let's try these steps here:
Try performing a hard reset on your printer:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Now let’s try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Eagerly waiting for your response!
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee
01-16-2020 02:17 PM
My printer prints a black background around some of the images in my presentations. When I look at the PDF on screen it looks great, also looks great in print preview, but when it actually prints there are black backgrounds around some images... I tries your suggestions above but did not solve my issue. Any other suggestions?
01-19-2020 03:05 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the print quality issue.
To better assist you -
1.) What's the model name of the printer?
2.) What's the operating system installed on the computer?
3.) Are you experiencing this issue while making a copy as well?
4.) Have you tried printing a different document?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee