12-20-2019 12:47 PM
Just purchased this HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 and have followed all the instructions. Why can't I get the control panel to light? It comes on then off. So baffled.
12-23-2019 10:06 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Make sure the protective plastic tape if any is removed from the printer display screen before use.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Check if the icons beside the home screen are working.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee