Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F2480
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I own a HP Deskjet F2480. For some reason, all of my prints are magenta and blue instead of printing with the original colors.

I wanted to know what's the issue and how do i fix it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dio_Brando does the same issue occur while printing a copy using the copier as a stand-alone device, also, could you try the below steps:

Step one: Print an extended self test report

1. Make sure you have plain white, letter-size paper loaded in the input tray.

2. Press and hold the Power button () and the Cancel button () for 10 seconds. The extended self test report prints.

Figure : Example extended self test report

Illustration of the extended self test report.

Step two: Determine which cartridges printed which areas of the extended self test report

Different cartridges print different areas of the extended self test report. Use the following guidelines to determine which cartridge printed which areas.

• The black cartridge prints the black areas of the report, such as the black bars and black text.

• The color cartridge prints the color areas of the report, such as the cyan (blue), magenta, and yellow color bars.

Figure : Which cartridges print which areas of the extended self test report

1. Printed by the color cartridge

2. Printed by the black cartridge

Make a note of which cartridges printed which areas of the extended self test, and then continue to the next step to check the extended self test report for defects.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 UNDER SOLUTION SIX ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.