Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My printer:  HP Deskjet 2050a.   My printer was printing in color, but now it is not.  I changed the color ink cartridge, but that did not help.   It still will not print in color.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi community,

I understand the printer is not printing in color. Let's try some steps to help you.

✔️ First, check if your drivers working fine: Software and Driver Downloads

✔️ Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document - Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues

✔️ Clean the color ink cartridge up to 2 times and print a test page to check the result.

🛑 If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Thanks,

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
HP Recommended
Check your printing preferences. You could have accidentally changed them.
HP Recommended

Please Give instruction to printing Colour 

My printer is HP Officejet 7500 Wide format

HP Recommended
i want to print in color
HP Recommended

@dj2, you may have changed to "grayscale" printing and may not know it. Try to uninstall the printer software and drivers and see if helps.

@personalty, you may have did the same thing (dj2) done. Go to your printer preferences and check to see if "print in all black" is ENABLED or DISABLED. Also check for "grayscale" is on. If you have any issue, just uninstall and re-install the software. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Printer not printing in color, Why and it just started.

HP Recommended

J6480 stopped printingin color after installing new color cartridge.

HP Recommended

Why is my printer not printing in colour?

HP Recommended

Hello everyone, and welcome to the HP Forums.

I see you are running into ink output issues.  I would love to try and help you, but I do need a little information first. I am linking a few HP Support documents below that will show you how to find your product number. Also, please include which operating system you are using. Also, if you're using Windows, please include whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit. With this information and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Also, please include whether you experience these issues when making a copy as well.

Please let me know what you find.  Thanks for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

I have installed new toner cartridged however my printer is not printing in color.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.