Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dancercdb
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why is my printer not printing in color?

I have an Officejet 4650, where the printer will print, though not in color.  There is color ink in the cartridge, I had a friend take the printer and print in color and it worked for them.  When I attempted it again, still no color.  I also downloaded the software again to see if that would work, still not printing color.  When I attempted to delete my HP printer to start all over, it would not remove the printer.  I am lost as to what to do to get my color printer to work correctly. HELP!! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,000 10,003 885 1,057
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why is my printer not printing in color?

Hi @dancercdb

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue. 

To better assist you - 

1) What's the operating system installed on the computer? 

2) Are you able to make a color copy? 

I'd suggest you print the Print Quality Report and check for the color blocks -

1) Make sure to load the input tray with plain, white paper.
2) On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.
3) Touch Tools.
4) Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

You may also try these steps - HP Printers - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation