Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
macOS 10.14 Mojave

When printing international shipping labels it only prints some of the information. It will print the receivers name, address but won't print some of the titles in the form for example it will print the date but not the title above that says "Shipping Date"

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Juliet02, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I would like to know the following:

• Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Is it an issue while printing shipping labels only or other applications too?
  • What happens when you make a photocopy? Does it have missing content on the output?
  • Did you make any changes to the printer or the computer recently?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
  • Which application are you trying to print from?--PayPal but it also does it with DHL labels
  • Is it an issue while printing shipping labels only or other applications too? Just shipping labels
  • What happens when you make a photocopy? Photocopying is not an issue.
  • Did you make any changes to the printer or the computer recently? No.

I have since tried using another browser. I use Chrome and I tried Safari with the same bad results. I then tried Firefox and it worked as it should.

So how can I get it to work on Chrome?

HP Recommended

@Juliet02

Reset Chrome Browser Settings to Default

Again, this resets just about everything to do with Chrome web browser on a Mac.

1. Open the Chrome browser to a new browser window
  2. Click on the dots icon button in the upper right corner, then choose “Settings”

How to reset Chrome to default settings

3. Scroll to the bottom of the Settings and click on “Advanced” to show more

4. Scroll down to find “Reset Settings” and click on “Restore settings to their original defaults”

5. Confirm that you want to reset Chrome settings by clicking “Reset settings”

Resetting Chrome can take a moment or two depending on how you have Chrome configured, if you have any (or many) Chrome extensions installed, and other factors including the speed of the computer you’re resetting the Chrome browser on. Just give it a moment.

Once Chrome has been reset, it’s probably a good idea to update the browser too, then quit, and then relaunch the app.

Likewise, also reset the Safari browser and try printing.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did that with no success...

HP Recommended

@Juliet02

It could be a browser issue, contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Thank you 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.