Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DESKJET 3050A
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

First nobody should ever have such a heck of a time finding the way to ask a question. People are already fru strated and exhausted, no need to make us what to strangle ourselves.

I have an older model printer, but it works fine -- or it did. I use it wi fi, and it has always worked well.  I have time to time had to uninstall and re-install usually when i have to change the wi fi password, but all worked okay.

this time I accidently hit default on the printer, even though when I change the wi fi password I don't do it via the printer. I ended up with the whole **bleep** printer showing up right under my wi fi designation, theo ne that is secure and you don't know who it belongs to, and I went nuts trying to uninstall and make that go away.

I thought I finally did uninstall it enough as the name and number etc. of the printer vanished. THANK GOD.

BECAUSE IT SAYS WHEN YOUR CURSER HOVERS AROUND IT THAT IT IS NOT SECURE.

So, i re-install just as i have in the past and all seems to go well, I SEE THAT THE PRINTER IS ASKING DO I WANT IT IN MY WI FI NETWORK, IT HAS THE PASSWORD TO MY WI FI, AND I CLICK YET AND I GETS SET UP ETC.

AND I THINK ALL IS WELL.

JUST LIKE BEFOFRE,

BUT GTHEN I GO TO PRINT SOMETHING AND I SEE THE **bleep** PRINTER LISTED IN THE WI FI DEVICE THAT ARE ALL IN THIS AREA. I HOPE TO GOD EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT I ANM TALKING ABOUT BECUASE THIS HAS MADE ME SO NUTS I COULD KEEP SCREAMING FROM HERE TO ENTERNITY.

I cannot imagine why it is doing th is.

i called tech support and the guy i talked to said it wojuld "disappear" after a few hours because i fre-set it to gthe default. but i think that is BS.

Nothing just "disappears."

PLEASE can anyone tell me how do i get this name of my printer OUT OUT OUT of that wi fi list? Why is it even doing that? the guy with HP tech said it was becuase I set the printer on default. Maybe, but now that the printer is set up, on my networ,k WITH MY PASSWORD PROTECTION, it should not be showing up,

IT ONLHY GOES OFF WHEN THE PRITNER IS OFF, AND THAT IS NOT OKAY. I WANT IT TO WORK JUST AS IT DID BEOFRE, NEVER SHOWING UP ON THAT LIST,

I have an hp probook windows 7 64  bit.

my printer is an older 3050 desk jet, still working sell. I have the installation CD. I thought i had UNINSGTALLED ALL ALL ALL BUT WHEN I PUT IN THE **bleep** CD TO REINSTALL (EVERYTHING SEEMED TO BE GONE) IT SHOWED THAT I DIDN'T HAVE TO INSTALL ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PRINTER (YOU CHECK THESE BOXES AND SEE WHICH HAS TO BE REINSTALLED) AND I THOUGHT HOW CAN THAT BE?

I DON'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO EXPLAIN THIS.

I AM SO TIRED AND FRUSTRATED THAT THERE IS PRECIOUS SO LITTLE HELP FOR US. WE WHO HAVE OLDER STUFF STILL NEED HELP.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mrg553

Welcome to HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.