Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WiFi connection issues

OfficeJet3830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just purchased an OfficeJet3830 for as a gift for my parents. Upon trying to hook it up for wireless printing, it recognizes the network but when the password is entered it will not connect. I verified the password to be correct by removing it from my phone and then reconnecting. I then printed the network test results page which gave me the MAC address filtering solution. I logged into my modem and verified that the filtering was disabled. Tried to set it up again and it still would not connect so I reset the wireless setting on the printer, went back to my modem enabled the filtering, entered the MAC address, clicked allow and tried again. It still would not connect. I went back in changed it back to disabled, reset the printer settings, powered off both the modem and printer, restarted both and tried again with no luck. I then tried WiFi direct from my phone and I was able to connect to the printer by connecting to it directly and printed a test page using the app. Any suggestions? This is my first HP personal printer and changed from Canon because the HP's we have at work perform flawlessly but I am second guessing myself right now.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,915 7,902 584 610
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WiFi connection issues

@Pippy26, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The Mac address filtering error is one that is given for a multitude of errors. To provide you with an accurate solution, I would like to know the following-

What is the make and model of your router?

Could you check with your internet service provider if there are settings that need to be checked from their end?

Check if the router has any firmware update available?

Also, you can try changing the wireless password on the router and try configuring the printer with the new password.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation