Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Direct-80-HP Deskjet 3630 seri

Where is my wifi password?

I have been using my printer direct from my iPad for the past 2 months without any problems.  I have gone to use it and  my iPad has requested a password to link the printer to the wifi.  I have never had this before. I have printed out the wifi Direct Guide, printer info page, HPnetwork configuration  page and the wireless network test results but cannot find this password.  Please tell me what to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@new_user3

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer. I read that you're looking for the wifi direct password. 

I suggest you to try entering 12345678 as the password. This is the default password for wifi direct. If the password gets declined then you may print an information sheet and that should have the password. The following the below steps:

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know what happens. Cheers! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@new_user3

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer. I read that you're looking for the wifi direct password. 

I suggest you to try entering 12345678 as the password. This is the default password for wifi direct. If the password gets declined then you may print an information sheet and that should have the password. The following the below steps:

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know what happens. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Thank you, this resolved my problem.

HP Recommended

Greetings @new_user3, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks worked for me as well. 🙂 

J
HP Recommended

I tried printing the info sheet but it just prints out a blank sheet with 3 symbols on it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.