Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 5620 / CX017A
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

1) Will 564XL color ink cartridges fit my Photosmart 6520 / CX017A printer?

2) Will 564XL black ink cartridges fit my photosmart 6520 / CX017A printer?

I'm unable to coax a yes or no answer out of HP's Virtual Agent for these questions, and yes, I did search previous posts.  That only made me wonder if there were different sizes of 564 photo and 564 other (regular?), and 564XL photo and 564XL other (regular?).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Hal_Ferguson78 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Here's a link with the answers to all your queries about which ink is supported by your printer: Click here

Also, for more details on how to find the compatible cartridge, check out the image below:

For more details, visit your user guide: Click here (Page. 29 Tips for working with cartridges)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Hal_Ferguson78 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Here's a link with the answers to all your queries about which ink is supported by your printer: Click here

Also, for more details on how to find the compatible cartridge, check out the image below:

For more details, visit your user guide: Click here (Page. 29 Tips for working with cartridges)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Mr. Decipher and thanks for the reply.  I appreciate the link to the hp-photosmart-6520-e-all-in-one-printer cartridge info page.  That page includes both 564 and 564XL cartridges, leaving one to believe that both sizes may indeed fit a photosmart 5620 printer.  I have heard however that the XL cartridges are wider than the standard cartridges, too wide in fact to fit this printer.  I was hoping that a photosmart 5620 user, or other with intimate product information, could positively and decisively state that the 564 XL cartridges will fit.

Anyone?

HP Recommended

@Hal_Ferguson78 Since no one from the community has responded yet, I'd like to dive in and let you know that the website and the image I've shared describes only the printer in question and yes, both cartridges should fit in perfectly, considering its mentioned on the HP Sure Supply Page.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.