Jimcavv
4 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will not install

office jet Pro 8715
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought the printer new.  It was installed and workded perfectly.  Problems caused a change in internet service and a new router/modem.  Now, the printer will not connect.  I think I have to somehow deletere the old IPN.  It will not recognize the new IPN.BUT!!!  I am not a computer guy, just a writer.

I have the disc, and the computer will not recognize the disk.

When I try to connect the rinter, the computer disconnects from the internet.

Thanks for any advice.

1 REPLY 1
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,537 3,425
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will not install

Replacing/changing your wireless router, try here.  

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

Make sure your router is set to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’.  Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time.  Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart.  Make sure you connect to, and have the 2.4G SSID band enabled with a different name than your 5.0G SSID band.  Also make sure IPv6 is disabled in the printer.

Make and model of modem and router?

However if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity.   If this does not work, suggest you think about putting that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation