Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RondaTheRose
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will the hp envy 7640 print 3 x 5 index cards?

Hp envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hp envy 7640

1 REPLY 1
Level 13
Level 13
6,139 6,109 492 1,037
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will the hp envy 7640 print 3 x 5 index cards?

Hello, 

Envy 7640 does not support 3x5 index card.

Click to  https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-7640-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6617267/document/c0503...  access the product spec document.

However you may try the below steps if it works..

1. Place a stack of index cards in your printer tray in a Landscape orientation and move the printer guide up against them to let your printer know it's loaded with index cards.
  2. Open your word processing software--you may have MS Word, OpenOffice or MS Works on your computer.
  3. For MS Word, click on the "Page Layout" tab.
  4. Click on "Size" in MS Word. Set the size to either 3"x5" on the size card you purchased. There is an index card setting.
  5. Change the margins in MS Word to be no more than 1/2" all the way around.
  6. Change the page orientation to "Landscape."
  7. If you are using OpenOffice, click on the "Format" tab on the top of the page. On the drop down list, select "Page." Here you will be able to change the page size and define the margins. Set the page orientation to "Landscape."
  8. If you are using MS Works, click on "File" and then select "Page Setup" from the drop down menu. Click on the "Size, Source & Orientation" tab to select the size and landscape orientation. Then, set your margins.
  9. Create your index card text.
  10. Click on the "Print" tab.

Good Luck.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation