Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
GT5810
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having a problem with inkjet printer model 5810.

My computer is window 10 version 1703 Intel Core i7 6700k. The problem started when I resetted my windows and reinstall everything.

Plugging in the USB cables from the printer, window begins to detect the scanner. However it couldn't detect the printer.

I tried downloading the latest version of the printer driver from HP sites, but still could not detect the printer. 

Any suggestion is appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally found a solution to my problem. 

After two days trying to solve the simple problem of installing a printer on a new installed Window 10. I have found a solution to my problem.

Exchange the said problematic printer for other brand. 

I really liked the printer when it worked. IMO HP GT5810 is a great product, but your software is so problematic it is not worth it. 

It will be awhile before I am brave enough to try agian. 

hp2.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hp4.PNGhp5.PNG

hp2.PNG

HP Recommended

Found what might be causing the problem.

"The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers"

When I download the dirver from HP site I made sure that it was fore window 10 64bit. I tried update the driver and reinstall the driver as well as editing the group policy under "Admin tools-printer-Disallow installation from printers using kernel mode drivers change to disabled"

Right now I am up for any suggestion. 

thank you. 

hp6.PNG

HP Recommended

Just want to leave this here for those who have the same problem.

Solution:

I ended up reinstall my window 10 again and uses the windindow 10 defalt driver. Didn't download the HP one. 

Now both scanner and printer are working fine.

What I tried but DID NOT work:

Regedit - to remove all HP driver traces. 

Edit Group Policy - Becuase of some obscure printer driver problems.

Download multiple version of HP GT5810 Drivers - Uninstall and reinstall multiple version didn't work.

Boot window in safe mode - to remove and reinstall HP drivers. 

Carried my old Epsion 210 printer to try - which works fine. 

So, it itches me to have to reinstall windows again just for a printer problems. So for those that have the same problem out there and finds a better solution please leave it here and let other know. 

HP Recommended

the problem is back same as above. This so far is the most frustrating printer problem I have encountered. 

If any one have any idea please let me know..

HP Recommended

I am out of ideas. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor does nothing.

Trying to manual install printer does not help.  I couldn't find any help on this forum with similar problems. 

I am exchanging the printer back under warranty tomorrow. This will be my last HP printer in awhile. 

hp1.PNG

HP Recommended

Finally found a solution to my problem. 

After two days trying to solve the simple problem of installing a printer on a new installed Window 10. I have found a solution to my problem.

Exchange the said problematic printer for other brand. 

I really liked the printer when it worked. IMO HP GT5810 is a great product, but your software is so problematic it is not worth it. 

It will be awhile before I am brave enough to try agian. 

hp2.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.