11-28-2019 04:48 PM
This probably falls in the lap of HP directly.
Could you please supply a properly signed driver for the Envy 4520. Windows Update will not supply or install an unsigned driver. ALL other functions of my printer are working as far as scan copy etc.
If this isn't provided quickly I can guarantee this will be my last HP product.
12-01-2019 06:33 AM
@Egt777, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printing or scanning issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
Restart the print spooler and try uninstalling the drivers-
Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
Now uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Follow the steps below-
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Now, download and install the full-featured software from here.
Configure the printer and try printing. If the issue persists, send a screenshot of the error screen for further assistance.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
12-01-2019 08:22 PM
Thank You for your response.
I had already completed all the steps you have suggested. Although right clicking the start menu is quicker than using the run box. 🙂 This didn't resolve the problem unfortunately.
In typical Windows fashion the error codes are of little help because most of the time you cant get an explanation as to what the error code means.
I was however able to solve the problem by performing a system reset. It appears the problem was with Windows and not the HP driver. Missing or corrupted files had to be the cause.
I will continue to buy HP products. LOL