Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2545
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I recently changed my wireless subscription and so needed to change which wifi my printer connects to.

However, the wireless button on my printer which is usually blue is no longer turned on. There is no blinking, no lights, absolutely nothing at all, and thus it is impossible to connect it to any wifi.

What happened?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JianGeGe

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the wireless button not turning blue anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check the wireless network test report?

If you haven't, here's what you need to do:

Print wireless network test report. The wireless network test report will display the diagnostics results for the status of the wireless network, wireless signal strength, detected networks, and more.

Press the Wireless button and the Start Copy Black button from the printer control panel at the same time.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JianGeGe

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the wireless button not turning blue anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check the wireless network test report?

If you haven't, here's what you need to do:

Print wireless network test report. The wireless network test report will display the diagnostics results for the status of the wireless network, wireless signal strength, detected networks, and more.

Press the Wireless button and the Start Copy Black button from the printer control panel at the same time.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, don't worry about it as I've taken it to a service shop and the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your offer to help!

HP Recommended

@JianGeGe

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad found the solution for this concern. 

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We have two HP printers; a 4630 and 6500A connected to a new Netgear Nighthawk router recently. Neither worked until we loaded new firmware, now the 4630 is connected and will print remotely. However, the 6500 shows no blue WiFi light and will not submit the correct router passphrase (the 4630 does) from the keyboard. I’ve reset defaults and done a power up/down but nothing seems to get the light to show or connect the 6500 printer. No Ethernet wires are attached. The report says the passphrase is needed. It shows “fail” on security. Everything else is fine. Worked on old router few months ago. Again, no blue light showing. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.