Charlie-2010 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 71
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Wireless instructions for Mac connecting to LJ P1102w

I just bought a new HP LJ P1102w for our conference room to use as a wireless guest printer.  I want to enable wireless printing, but not attach it to our corporate network for security reasons.

I use a Mac running 10.6.3, which the package and instructions says is supported.

I cannot get the wireless to connect with my Mac, and there are no wireless instructions for using a Mac - only to install using the CD - which has no wireless options or prompts.

Anyone have any ideas??

70 REPLIES 70
Retired
Retired
20,508 20,434 1,425 4,862
Message 2 of 71
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I don't know LaserJets very well (I am an inkjet guy), but I know Mac's and wireless quite well.

Go to System Preferences > Network.  Choose your Airport on the left, then the Advanced button.

On the next screen, check the box that says "Create computer-to-computer networks".  This will allow ad-hoc networking directly with your printer.  Remember, radios like the Airport can only attach to one device at a time, so if it is connected to your printer it cannot be connected to a network.

Read more about it on page 26 of the manual.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
mrvolvo Top Student
Top Student
1 1 0 2
Message 3 of 71
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I ran into the same problem, trying to get the LaserJet P1102w to work wirelessly with my MacBook (OS-X 10.6.5).  Neither the quick setup sheet nor the detailed instructions in the software disc addresses the Mac wireless setup at all.  I did find a You Tube step-by-step video that explains the procedure quite well.  It's a little complicated but if I hadn't found this video, I never would have figured it out on my own.  Just search You Tube for "Mac Wireless Setup - HP LaserJet P1102w".  Note:  The printer software must be installed prior to performing this procedure.  Once I got things right, the LaserJet performed flawlessly in wireless mode.

ejo Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 71
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have followed the video on you tube, but when it comes time to add the printer I don't see my wireless one, only the one with the USB connect. and when I try without having the USB connected I dont see any printers. 

help please. 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 5 of 71
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Try this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

I am employed by HP

0 Kudos
rmh1971 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 6 of 71
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have also just purchased an HP 1102w and am having difficulties setting up the printer wirelessly to my MAC which uses OS X 10.6.

The youtube video was a big help, but unfortunately I'm having the same problem as a previous poster ie: there is no wireless option to connect to, only a USB one. 

The blue light is flashing on the printer so it seems there is a connection alreay set-up to my home wifi.  What can I do to enable my MAC to recognise the wifi signal?  I've looked through the manual and checked out the above link but nothing has helped.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JanetElizabeth Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 71
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have an HP P1102w, Mac (MacBook) running OS-X 10.5.8 and an Apple Express WiFi BaseStation.

The problem indicated by the flashing blue light is that the printer can see but not connect to the wireless network. I solved the problem by changing my wireless network password so that it does not include spaces.

HP's configuration. utility for the WPA security setting says enter password or pass phrase. This is misleading as they will not accept a real phrase.

The video mentioned earlier by mrvolvo shows the rest of the configuring quite well.

0 Kudos
JanetElizabeth Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 71
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@PrintDoc wrote:

Try this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

Unfortunately this utility seems to be a PC only application. Not sure if it might be of some value if you are using BootCamp or similar.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 9 of 71
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Ooops, my mistake.  Thanks for the correction.  I have asked for a Mac version of this tool but it is not going to happen.

I am employed by HP

0 Kudos
splumjob Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 71
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have the same problem as the above postings.

Could it be the auto IP? it stays at 0.0.0.0

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation