Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

HP Printer.jpg

Is this where I should be?? I also dont see a wirless network with my printers name on it.

The Wirless Network Test results are:

Wireless radio is turned off (but the printers wireless button if flashing blue...)

Diognostics results: Wireless on: fail

wireless working/ signal quality: not run

Network Ssid found: not run

wirless networks detected 2

everything elce not run

Authentication Type WPA-PSK

Using a D-link DIR-835A1

HP Recommended
I enabled wireless, but still won't connect
HP Recommended

mruttle,

If you are looking to perform the alternate step to get the new network information, then no.

The core of the issue is that the printer indicates the wireless radio is off and there is no network name for your printer.  The SSID of the printer, when the network is present, should have HP in the name making it standout from other networks.  

On the printer, go to Wireless>Settings>Restore Network Defaults.  Accept the prompt to reset the default settings.

Most printers will disable the wireless radio as a default setting.  Press the wireless button again.  If it says turn on in the lower right corner, go ahead and select that option.

Now, go to the computer and search for a wireless network.  Is there a network name that has HP in it or reflects your model printer?  If so, connect to that network and open a web browser and go to 192.168.223.1.  From there, the earlier steps should work.

Let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
How do I turn on the wireless printer for this unit?
HP Recommended
thank you Cloud Strider you are the best. I have tried for several months, several being great than 6 to resolve this problem. Your process was clear and very step by step. Nothing sounds better than the clickety clack of your wireless printer doing its thing when you are in another room or on another floor.
Barry
HP Recommended

@mruttle wrote:

Hi every one!

I have had my HP Deskjet 3050A - J611 wireless printer set up too times before on two different networks.

But I have now moved and deed to set it up again....

Originally through the push button method it was still trying to connect to my old SSID so I set every thing back to original defaults.

But now I am getting an error code saying I need to Turn on my Wireless radio on the printer.
To the best of my knowledge i have: Setup>Wireless>Wireless settings> wireless on/off

Any ideas?

@mruttle wrote:

Hi every one!

I have had my HP Deskjet 3050A - J611 wireless printer set up too times before on two different networks.

But I have now moved and deed to set it up again....

Originally through the push button method it was still trying to connect to my old SSID so I set every thing back to original defaults.

But now I am getting an error code saying I need to Turn on my Wireless radio on the printer.
To the best of my knowledge i have: Setup>Wireless>Wireless settings> wireless on/off

Any ideas?

HP Recommended
Did you put the wifi code in at the bottom of your modem?
HP Recommended

Alright  having same issue with the HP 3050A-J611 printer connecting it to a Belkin N600DB Wireless Router.

Attempted both PIN/PBC recievied a WPS error report indicates wireless radio is turn off

Went to 192.168.223.1 >Network > Wireless Setup Wizard

Followed the steps inputting the correct information......Verified with router configuration

upon completion I receive an invalid input error .................No fat finger all information inputted corisponse with router

Capture.PNG

Any suggestions

HP Recommended

I have since moved again and atempted to set up the wireless network.

I am now also getting the invalid input error.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.  Finally got it going.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.