jokerwanted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't prink black ink, now stuck on alignment

Photosmart 5520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had not used my printer in awhile, but went to print something today and found the ink had dried up. Went to the store, bought all brand new ink, came home and installed, but black is not printing. Followed the steps in several threads and videos (have cleaned the print head with hot water, run the clean print head process on the printer) several times, with no luck, and not even any progress. I finally tried updating the firmware on the machine, and now it keeps asking to print an alignment page when it turns on, with no way to bypass. Obviously the alignment doesn't work because it doesn't print black at all. Is the printer bricked at this point, or is there something I am missing?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 426 526
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't prink black ink, now stuck on alignment

Hi @jokerwanted

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

If you have tried the steps mentioned in this document and the issue persists, I'm afraid this could be a possible hardware issue with the printer. Please contact our HP Support team for Service Options:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation