Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
I have a hp 2541 deskjet series and I too cannot print from word.
I can print from the internet, excel, pdf, etc...
I have turned off the UAC
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer 3x
I have created a new document
And I have ran the troubleshooting app thru hp and nothing changes..
This just started...
Help
HP Recommended
In addition, I just bought brand new ink at $50..
I am very disappointed in HP that this is an issue with multiple hp printers
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Bought a Envy Photo 6234 last week and have the same problem. It will print from my iPhone perfectly, it even prints PDF's from my laptop, but from the microsoft apps it doesn't print anything! Program says printing... printer icon appaers and disappaers right after that. Have followed all of the above mentioned steps, but still nothing!

Can you please help me? My workaround now is to make a pdf from each document or Xls but that shouldn't be the solution? Put a lot of blood, sweat and tears in it already, so I really hope you can help!

By the way, my laptop is a lenovo and my OS is Windows 10

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

HP Recommended

What was the anwer? 

Im having the same issue with 

HP Recommended

What was the anwer? 

Im having the same issue with a Color Laserjet MFP E87640. 

The post doesnt have the steps taken to fix the users issues. 

HP Recommended

whats with all the private messages!!!! it disables the whole concept of coming here to find answers.  i am sick of seeing this here!!!!  have not found one single answer here!!!! sorry but this just sucks big or i am new and NOT GETTING IT!!!!

HP Recommended

@PrintZoner

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model or the product number?

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

What issue are you facing with the printer?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yea that didn't freaking work it is already set like that. I am pissed, all of a sudden updates and I can't print which means I can't work. So much for HP, won't be my next printer???

To hard to get simple fixes from you guys

HP Recommended

No help from HP for  a printer that just stopped responding to MS Applications - worthless

HP Recommended

Hi,

How about a reply??

I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8620 printer connected to my network.
I am running windows 10 Pro on my desktop computer.

ISSUES:
  1. When I print a document that is on Microsoft Word File or a PDF file from One Drive it say it prints but either I get a blank page, just one or lines or nothing.
  2. when I try to print a PDF from a web browser, like Chrome, it says it is printing and I get nothing.
When I print locally stored documents it works fine. 
Other computers on the network do not have this issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.