01-17-2020 08:03 AM
I have an HP Envy 4520 and I just recently acquired a new computer. I could print envelopes on my old computer through Word, but when I try on my new computer I get a message on the printer that says " The paper size detected by the printer sensor does not match the selected paper size". My new computer has Office 365. I still have my old computer up and running and it will still print envelopes fine, but the new computer will not.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-21-2020 10:37 AM
@NanainTexas, Welcome to HP Support Community!
This could be an issue with the installed drivers. We can try to reinstall the drivers or try alternate drivers. Follow the steps below-
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Now, download and install the full-featured software from here.
If the issue persists, I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:
• Go to Control Panel - Devices and printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.
• When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.
• Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.
Also, use the document HP Printers - Printing Envelopes (Windows) for additional help.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee