01-01-2020 09:27 AM
My 4512 won't print in color on microsoft applications or adobe .pdf - in fact the option to change from black and white to color or greyscale does not even show up on the advanced options.
I searched and tried everything previously suggested on this board. The only thing I could not do was the window +r printui.exe /s. When I tried that it said the device was in use and couldn't remove. Please help.
01-03-2020 11:05 AM
I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns
To assist you better please confirm the OS installed on your computer since your Post mentions Windows XP
Thank you 😊
I Am An HP Employee
01-04-2020 04:29 PM
I suggest you uninstall the printer driver from root level and download the full feature software
1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2.) Select your HP Printer
3.) Select Uninstall
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10.) Select Ok
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the Full Feature Software from HereHereHere and follow the onscreen Instructions
Try printing and keep me posted
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
01-05-2020 09:11 AM
Please try these steps -
1. Turn off the printer using the power button.
2. Search Windows for run, and click the Run Windows application in the list of results.
3. Type services.msc in the Run window, and then press Enter on the keyboard.
The Services menu opens.
4. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
5. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
6. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Turn on your printer and try re-installing the driver again.
Let me know how that goes 🙂
I am an HP Employee