Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wrong WiFi name automatically appears, no password known, can’t set up

DeskJet 3762
Other

Trying to set up printer, downloaded HP Smart app, followed instructions. BUT: automatically generated WiFi address is WRONG because it doesn’t contain ‘setup’ in the name. Also, when password is entered my iphone connects to the automatically generated WiFi address but this doesn’t connect to the internet.

Also, the latest iOS version is 12.0.1, while my iphone‘s is 12.1.2. Does this mean my newly purchased printer is out of date???????? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,667 4,662 307 342
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wrong WiFi name automatically appears, no password known, can’t set up

@MelKann

A warm welcome to HP Support Community!

I believe "Setupx>xx-DeskJ3700" is the network name transmitted when HP Auto wireless connect is enabled. We can re-enable HP Auto wireless connect by resetting the printer network settings. Here is how to do it:

1.) On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/162/c02131772.gif and the Cancel button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/824/c01623874.gif at the same time for 5 seconds. (This step will restore default wireless settings on the printer and enable Auto Wireless connect. Immediately continue to the next step to install the software. You have approximately 120 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.) 

2.) Download and install HP Smart App on your iPhone from here.

3.) Open HP Smart App and follow the onscreen instructions to connect the printer to a wireless network.

You may refer to this video for detailed instructions.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation