Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 3762
Other

Trying to set up printer, downloaded HP Smart app, followed instructions. BUT: automatically generated WiFi address is WRONG because it doesn’t contain ‘setup’ in the name. Also, when password is entered my iphone connects to the automatically generated WiFi address but this doesn’t connect to the internet.

Also, the latest iOS version is 12.0.1, while my iphone‘s is 12.1.2. Does this mean my newly purchased printer is out of date???????? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MelKann

A warm welcome to HP Support Community!

I believe "Setupx>xx-DeskJ3700" is the network name transmitted when HP Auto wireless connect is enabled. We can re-enable HP Auto wireless connect by resetting the printer network settings. Here is how to do it:

1.) On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/162/c02131772.gif and the Cancel button https://support.hp.com/doc-images/824/c01623874.gif at the same time for 5 seconds. (This step will restore default wireless settings on the printer and enable Auto Wireless connect. Immediately continue to the next step to install the software. You have approximately 120 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.) 

2.) Download and install HP Smart App on your iPhone from here.

3.) Open HP Smart App and follow the onscreen instructions to connect the printer to a wireless network.

You may refer to this video for detailed instructions.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.