Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8720
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Just got 8720 printer today and installed wrong wifi address and cannot print from computer...help!!

Cannot change wifi address.  I am a novice and stuck.

textbooktom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi textbooktom

Thank you for your post at HP forum.

Understand that you are having issue connecting your printer via Wifi. If you are in a hurry to use the printer, you can always opt to plug in the USB cable or ETHERNET cable. This is the easiest workaround to print.

As for the WIFI IP address is wrong, you can opt to do restore network to default  in the front panel of the OJ 8720:

Setup Menu > Wireless > Restore Network Defaults > Yes.

Then restart to connect your printer again in the correct  WIFI IP add.

See if this can resolve you issue.

Click Kudos to say Thanks!

I am an HP employee.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Thanks for your posting. 

You may want to uninstall the driver and reinstall again. It should prompt u for the IP address and you can key in the correct one. 

You can follow the step-by-step video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btLiq48lxys&list=PL1--vpgQOyas7gKpj4T7mDgiFz-srT-dx&index=6

Hope it helps. 

I am an HP employee. Although I am a HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can try deleting the wrong IP address from your system preferrences.

1. Go to System Preferrences

2. Select Printers and scanners

3. Select or righ click on the wrong wifi address then teset printing system to delete

4. Add (+) the correct printer IP address 

"Although I am a HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP" Say Thanks by clicking the “Thumbs up Icon” in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

Hi textbooktom

Thank you for your post at HP forum.

Understand that you are having issue connecting your printer via Wifi. If you are in a hurry to use the printer, you can always opt to plug in the USB cable or ETHERNET cable. This is the easiest workaround to print.

As for the WIFI IP address is wrong, you can opt to do restore network to default  in the front panel of the OJ 8720:

Setup Menu > Wireless > Restore Network Defaults > Yes.

Then restart to connect your printer again in the correct  WIFI IP add.

See if this can resolve you issue.

Click Kudos to say Thanks!

I am an HP employee.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

From the printer's control touchscreen panel, drag down the top menu > touch the network icon > change your wifi settings.

I work for HP. My posts represent my suggestions/opinions and not HP.
Please give me a + or Kudos if you found my posts helpful. Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

This worked real well, thanks.

HP Recommended

Glad it resolved  your problem.

I work for HP. My posts represent my suggestions/opinions and not HP.
Please give me a + or Kudos if you found my posts helpful. Thank you 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.