Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
x576dw

HP Officejet Pro x576dw MFP getting following error message:

Paper is jammed. Open the left door and clear any paper.  Once done, touch ok.

I follow the directions, never find a paper jam then hit ok.  Same message appears.  After repeating several times it prints perfectly.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HP Pro X576dw uses optical sensors to read paper presence and detecting jammed paper.

Those sensors get dusty and dirty and start to make false paper jams occasionally, I use compressed air to blow dust from them to make them cleaner. 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.  I can do that but I just need to know how to identify them and where they are. Can you point me to a diagram or photograph?

How many are there?

HP Recommended

Don't have that model at this time, found this picture online that shows the location of one optical sensor.

Remove the duplex assembly, and give a printer a good cleaning with compressed air, if possible use vacuum cleaner to vacuum the dust at the same time from the printer while blowing with air.

original.png

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.