Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I purchased the HP6600 end of July 2014. I printed  approximately 100 pages and a notification showed that the Yellow 933 cartridge was low and then showed it  needed to be replaced.  Went to store and got a package of HP 933XL 3 pack cartridges which had the yellow, cyan and magenta. Replaced 2 of the cartridges on 9/17/14 (yellow and magenta), printed approximately 170 pages and the yellow is already showing it is low AGAIN. I purposely purchased 933XL given that it posted it would print up to 825 pages.

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the device that registers the ink levels as low or out when in fact the cartridge is still good?  I can't afford to keep getting new cartridges that do not meet the number of printed pages it would provide.  I checked the Printer Harware Information and it shows I've only printed 270 pages which is correct so I will have gone through 2 yellow cartridges and haven't gotten more than 270 to 300 pages total?

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Juliadlf,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I understand that your yellow ink cartridge is running out too quickly with your HP Officejet 6600. I am sorry for the frustration, but I am happy to help!

I would recommend to go through these guides:

Hope these guides will help, and thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the welcome.

I called HP support and they sent another cartridge as they think the one I bought may not be a genuine HP cartridge since it was in a bundle pack which according to the CSR, HP doesn't sell in bundles (3 color pack). Packaging says HP but we shall see if this resolves the issue.  If not, then the printer must have something wrong with it and giving me low ink message and then running out too quickly on the Yellow cartridge. Hope this all makes sense.

I've got 272 color pages to print yet so we shall see how far I get without any low ink message. I am using the 933XL which says it will do up to 825 pages. If I can half of that, I'd be a happy camper.

HP Recommended

There's something shady about these HP printers. The same thing happened with my 8600, even though I specify printing in grayscale using black ink only. I'm constantly being asked to replace the yellow cartridge ONLY!!!!

Must a built-in flaw to garner more revenue for HP!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.