01-07-2020 04:05 PM
I inserted a new HP cartridge and now I get all cartridge lights flashing and the printer alignment light flashing. Can't get anything to print. I took out cleaned contacts and replaced printhead same problem
01-10-2020 09:36 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
If you put in your old ink, do you still get the error message?
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Also, follow steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8100-eprinter-series-n811/4322917/document/c02...
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-10-2020 10:19 AM
Thanks for your advice. I even climbed under my desk to unplug the power chord despite recent hip surgery. However, nothing changed when power reconnected.
Do I need to buy a new printhead? Where is the best place to buy. I've recently purchased a new pack of HP cartridges (over $100) to replace one cartridge and don't want to buy a new back of cartridges with a new printhead.