Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp office jet pro 6230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

blinking lights, printer not printing, how do I solve this?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

e print and wireless are blinking together, what does it mean? I am raking my head going through all the manuals, website etc. and all HP is offering is a phone call to solve it costing more that the costs of the printer!

HP Recommended

@jeanfrancoisdor

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's restore the Printer's network settings: On the printer control panel, press and hold the ( Wireless ) button and the ( Cancel ) button together, approximately five seconds, and then release the buttons.

Once done connect it back to the Wi-Fi using your Computer.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, however, I seem to hit this when I try to connect, even though when I check on the list of networks it is listed. This site can’t be reached

192.168.223.1 took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I have connected a cable also as instructed but the sitedirector.sym does not answer either.

I was able to print a page with the cable on though.
HP Recommended

@jeanfrancoisdor

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. 

The cable that you are using, is it a USB cable or an Ethernet cable?

Have you tried connecting the printer wirelessly? Follow these steps :

Use WPS to connect the printer to your wireless network.

1. Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.

If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to connect the printer with the HP Smart app.

2. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

3. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

4. On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.

NOTE: The printer stops searching for a WPS connection two minutes after the wireless button is pressed. If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

If you have a USB cable, Install the printer driver from HP Support site first and then connect the USB cable when prompted by the software.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar, 

Thank you for your help, I appreciate. 

I have unplugged the ethernet cable, there isn't a USB slot on the printer.

Tried to print something else and is not working.

I have pressed the WPS button while the blue light was blinking, I now have blue and white(the one on the left blinking)

I had already dowloaded three times all the drivers and redowloaded again following your instructions.  the status of the printers says it is printing but nothing comes up, there is paper and all the cartridges are new.

I have reconnected the ethernet cable and printed some pages that were waiting to be printed but not all whilst the wiresless set up using a USB connection tells me to do so and that I will be prompted to disconnect when set up is complete but nothing moved on this particular window, I had done this process a few times already.

Still at a loss to make this "wireless printer"to work. I have another HP printer in Belgium that works fine not the same model though.

HP Recommended

Let's run the HP Print and Scan Doctor:

Use this link for details on using the HP Print and Scan doctor: https://hp.care/2JyaC93

If the issue persists, let's do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.)  Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty, 

Done all as you wrote, I now get error printing, could not print ....

HP Recommended

Try using the built-in drivers: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.