11-19-2019 05:31 PM
It happens almost every day. It is directly connected to my laptop & it prints but I want it to connect to my home wifi network as well for guests to be able to print from their laptop & for me to airprint from my iphone. Usually unplugging it and reseating the plug resolves the issue but it's not working.
11-22-2019 05:27 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the connectivity issue.
To better assist you -
1) Are you using a dual band router? Or, is there an extender for connectivity?
2) Do you have an anti-virus software installed on the computer?
3) How far away is the printer from the router?
While you respond to that, ensure your printer and computer are connected to the same network.
Try rebooting the devices -
1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
2) Wait for 60 seconds.
3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
5) Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.
Try disabling the auto-off features -
1. From the Home screen on the printer display, select Preferences.
NOTE: If you do not see the Home screen, press the Home button.
2. From the Preferences menu, select Auto-Off.
3. From the Auto-Off menu, select Off, and then press OK to confirm the setting.
Set the Sleep mode setting to Max or Off.
Try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Also, try updating your router's firmware.
If the issue still persists, try assigning static IP. Refer to this video link for steps - ASSIGNING YOUR HP PRINTER A STATIC IP ADDRESS
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee