Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp printer deskjet 2050
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hello sir

problem with my hp printer deskjet 2050 cartridges i replace with new hp cartridges but both shows error please hepl to solve the problem ,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@vazir

You're welcome. 

This sounds like a hardware issue with the printer. However, depending on the blinking light pattern on the printer, please review the steps from this HP article

If the issue still persists then I suggest you to contact our HP phone support to check the available service options for your HP printer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@vazir

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer. You have replaced the ink cartridges as there was an issue with the old cartridges and still, there is an error message about the ink cartridges. 

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• What is the exact error message? 
  • Is the error appearing on the printer front panel (blinking lights) or the computer?
  • Do you see any lights blinking on the printer?

Meanwhile, please perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Please remove one cartridge out a time and check if the error goes away. 

Hope this information helps. Please feel free to reply. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks

mr mkazi 

i replace the both cartridges with new one but both shows errow light blink on prinner.

HP - TRI COLOR HP - BLACK 

THE CARTRIDGES LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THIS PRINTER AS IT IS CURRENTLY CONFIGURED 

PLEASE REFER TO PRINTER HELP

I allready replace both cartridges with genuine hp cartridges .

thanks once again 

HP Recommended

@vazir

You're welcome. 

This sounds like a hardware issue with the printer. However, depending on the blinking light pattern on the printer, please review the steps from this HP article

If the issue still persists then I suggest you to contact our HP phone support to check the available service options for your HP printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.