Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp officjet pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to go olnine as message says built in network capabilitues gave been disabled contact admin ho set up printer - i set it ip??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).  no windows prompt when i press key and x 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Thank you for posting your query in HP Forum.

Apart from modifying network adapter properties from the Control Panel, you can also use the Command line tool to enable disable Network Interface Card.

1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).

2. In the elevated command prompt, copy and paste the command below, and press Enter. This will show you all network adapter names on your PC. 
    netsh interface show interface

3. To enable NIC type, the following command:
    netsh interface set interface "network_adapter_name" admin=enable
    (e.g netsh interface set interface "Ethernet01" admin=enable)

4. To disable NIC type, the following command:
    netsh interface set interface "network_adapter_name" admin=disable
    (e.g netsh interface set interface "Ethernet01" admin=disable)

5. Close the command prompt.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Best Regards,
Dark_Panther.
I am an HP Employee.
Note: Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.:smileyhappy:
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you give it a try to restore the printer to the original factory settings?

Steps:

1. From the printer control panel display, touch and slide your finger across the screen and then touch Setup.

2. Touch Tools.

3. Touch Restore Factory Defaults, and then touch Yes. A message appears stating that the printer defaults have been restored.

4. Touch OK

Say "Thanks" by clicking the blue Kudos star in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).  no windows prompt when i press key and x 

HP Recommended

I have restored to factory settings as instucted - 3 times 

does not get rid of this mesage 'built in network capabilities have been disabled'

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.