Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OFFICEJET PR0 8615
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Product Name: Hp Officejet Pro 8610 Printer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8610 that no longer connects to my wireless network.  I restored the printers default settings and tried to reconnect the printer.

I continue to receive error "Built in Network Capabiilities have been disabled".   Whats the point of having a wireless printer, if you have to hard wire it to your PC in order to work.

Please help.  Thank you. if i try to connect to network ---- this is message and can get no further.  Also where is the 'envelope' in the right corner for the reply - i do not see one 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @tronaster,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know why the service menu is hidden.

This service menu is accessed by our engineers at the service center if there is a hardware issue with the unit. Also, this menu will have the factory settings and hence may alter the normal working of the unit if altered unnecessarily. Hence, it is termed as hidden service menu.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @tronaster

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting a message that says "Built in Network Capabilities have been disabled", is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

I will be sending you a reset procedure for the printer as a private message. 

Please follow the reset procedure and it will resolve the issue you are facing. 

Once you have performed the reset, you would need to reconfigure the printer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Built in Network Capabiilities have been disabled:

I found a solution on u tube:  HP OFFICE PRO 8610 - Hidden Service Menu

Do not know why it is hidden??

"tap the 'back'  button 4 times to get access to a new menu

On that menu you can access the network settings 

I have done that and could also put my code for the modem in and this now allows computer to be onliine and gets rid of the above message 

thank you for your help

HP Recommended

Hi @tronaster,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know why the service menu is hidden.

This service menu is accessed by our engineers at the service center if there is a hardware issue with the unit. Also, this menu will have the factory settings and hence may alter the normal working of the unit if altered unnecessarily. Hence, it is termed as hidden service menu.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.