Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

In running the Wireless Network Test, the report says: "The wireless radio is not functioning." Is there anything I can do? Or do I need to call HP Support?

Thanks.

JP 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally got through to tech support and a kind person who finally understood the problem. I mentioned that the Wireless Network Test Report clearly says "The Wireless Radio Is Not Functioning" and he said that was about as clear as a fault could be. After a short chat with his supervisor, he said HP would replace the printer body--the part with the wireless radio. All in all, a very pleasant conversation and not a long one either. The whole call took 5 mins to determine that HP would replace and maybe another 5-10 mins to work out the shipping details.  Kudos (finally) to HP!

View solution in original post

281 REPLIES 281
HP Recommended

Is the blue wireless LED on?

Have you tried to Restore Network Defaults  and then enable the radio again?

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
HP Recommended

Yes, blue wireless LED is on.

Restored Network Defaults and enabled the radio again. But same message when doing the Wireless Network Test Report: "The wireless radio is not functioning. Contact HP Support."

Wireless On - PASS

Wireless Working - FAIL

Kind regards,

JP 

HP Recommended
Turn off the printer and unplug the power supply connector.  Wait 5 minutes and then turn on the printer.
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
HP Recommended

Still got the same results.

JP 

HP Recommended
How old is the printer?  Is still under warranty?
HP Recommended
I purchased the printer in April 2009. So, I assume it's still under warranty. I guess I would need to contact HP directly?
HP Recommended

Yes -- contact HP support.  Tell them you worked though radio troubleshooting with a HP 802.11 R&D engineer on the HP support forums and it's my conclusion that the radio has failed in your C309a.

Also, politely decline their suggestion to resinstall the SW on your computer -- which can't possibly affect the printer's radio.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

JP 

HP Recommended

I had exactly the same issue with a newer HP Premium C309g-m

After returning from vacation and turning my computer and printer back on, it was unable to locate a network, and I too got that The wireless radio is not functioning. Contact HP Support.*** notice after printing a test report.

In my case, I found that clicking to Setup | Network | Wireless Radio and then manually turning the radio OFF then back to ON solved the issue.

I was then able to use the Wireless setup Wizard to complete the connection and have been using the printer in both local and wireless modes since then.

I hope this helps someone.

Cheers, eh.

C.C.

NB. I just reread the original response and saw that enabling the radio had already been mentioned, but I wondered if "sheshb " had simply checked and verified that the switch was on, or had indeed manually switched back and forth.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.