Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Teeupaway thanks for the input. I guess I will try what you said wireless range extender. I guess it does not matter on the range extender what name it is. Again thanks welch1964.
HP Recommended

I couldn't agree more!  And the Ink cartridges seem to have an evaporate mode!  I think I have spent more in replacing the ink cartridges then the whole printer initially cost.  Had I known I would never have purchased the product.  But thanks for the information.  Both the replacement radio card as well as the range extender seem to be worthwhile and viable solutions.  I will use the USB connection for the short term for my 'wireless' printer! 

HP Recommended

Well chock up another wireless radio failure. Of course mine is out of warranty as well. I wonder if they will respond to a class action lawsuit?

HP Recommended
I got the same error, Printer booted up with "USB Device Not Compatable: Remove USB device from printer."
HP Recommended
outta here wrt HP. Should have read the writing on the wall when they chose to move out of consumer products. No replacement wireless cards available except at ridiculous prices. HP service centre in my town no longer available, but funny that my employer just replaced all their office printers with HP products.

Bought an Epson a couple of weeks ago. Not as intuitive as the HP 309a was, but at least it works. Listed at $299, Amazon for $235, but got it locally on sale for $169 CAD. A bit of getting used to, but overall cheaper inks that last longer and prints are OK to very good. For home use, I'm quite happy. Toddles HP. (somehow I regret upgrading from my PS 1000 however mnay years ago. It was slow, but it delivered on what it promised).
HP Recommended

**********FIXED FOR FREE************

My wireless radio stopped functioning, after looking at the very helpful screenshots to remove the wireless board, I resoldered the pins to the boards connector and hit the board on both sides with a heat gun (best to put the board in a vise and note the part number stickers because they are going to disintegrate) to reflow the solder on the rest of the board. I used high heat for 2min on each side (careful not to melt the plastic connector), had the heat gun about 2 inches above the board, being careful not to bend the board with too much heat. I popped the board back in and it worked. Not so sure if this is the fix for everybody but if it helps at least one other person, then cool. I am not to be held responsible for damage/injury which you may cause by performing the steps above (sorry)

HP Recommended

I ahve bought  a netgear range extender..worked on my windows laptop pc running windows 7 but didnt work for my mac desktop

Any suggestions please??

HP Recommended

I have a c309g with the same problem.  HP of course is no help whatsoever.  I am attempting to try your fix.  However, I am not sure what area of the printer you are referring to. I have tried the top, lifting the cover as if I am going to replace an ink cartidge.  There are several screws there 6 I think.  Even when I take those out I can't get the case off the printer something is holding it in place where the carriage holding the cartridges sits when not in use (on the right side).  Any suggestions?  I am trying not to break it so I am afraid to apply too much force.  Can you offer some clarification and suggestions?

HP Recommended

I have done almost everything that has been suggested on this forum, even the extender . . . still won't work.  Spent more time than it was worth.  Kept my old HP color printer (that has worked very well by the way) and bought a new Brother Laser with two sided printing.  Purchased HP for so many years and now very disappointed in their customer service.  It doesn't pay to call because they won't listen - just keep trying to sell me something.  Thanks for all the input on this printer but mine is going in the scrap heap!!!!!

HP Recommended

I was able to get inside the printer ... just needed to apply a little more force.  Got the card out and was able to purchase a new one online for $33 including shipping.  As soon as I get it and put it in Iwill update my status.  Thanks to all for sharing your experience.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.