Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please see my reply to Dan,  The sequence of colour buttons is critical.

HP Recommended

Great! Excellent support that got me out of trouble. 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

HP pissed me off, my printer c4486 worked for 3 years without any problem then december 2012, I ve got message " incompatible printer cartbridge " LOL  this message came after hp updated something in my computer !

Now I always got this error message, I bought new hp cartbridge  I va got the same message!

I assume that HP create this error message it is like Planned obsolescence ! 

We should never buy HP printer anymore GUYS !!!!

The process Blue Green Grey ,  "CHECKSUM FOR RELOCK DATA INPUT"  only work one time for 1 print ! You should do this process everytime that you would print something ! It is Crazy !!! Scam 

HP Recommended

Thks mate but it worked once !   just to print 1 page 

I have to do your process anytime that I d like to print  it s crazy  !  hp s scam!!

I always got the message incompatible printer cartbridge lol it s hp cartbridge !! pisses me off HP

The message came after hp update something via their server!   I assume it s planned obsolescence 

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums.

Just a reminder that this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

@proslash wrote:

Thks mate but it worked once !   just to print 1 page 

I have to do your process anytime that I d like to print  it s crazy  !  hp s scam!!

I always got the message incompatible printer cartbridge lol it s hp cartbridge !! pisses me off HP

The message came after hp update something via their server!   I assume it s planned obsolescence 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

Hi Clara,

I've clicked on your link but nothing is coming up. My problem is similar - I bought an HP Photosmart C4783 printer in the UAE. Now I'm back in the UK and I ordered original HP ink from a supplier who stated that the cartridge 300 was the right one. It won't work and after researching on the Internet, I have found that I need the cartridges 121.

I can't seem to buy these anywhere. Where can I purchase them or how do I change my settings please?

Cheers,

Sunderland1973

HP Recommended
Hello Sunderland1973

When you move to a different country/region you may find yourself using a cartridges of a different number. The printer, which was originally purchased elsewhere, expects the original ink cartridge number. In order to use the ink of a different region you will need to call HP Support and as for a printer region reset. As long as your ink cartridges are Genuine HP and are in warranty you should be able to receive the regional reset instructions.

The number to call is 0844 369 0369 for UK printer support.
HP Phone Assist (UK)
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I read on another thread that this kind of reset has to be repeated each time that I print. Is this the case? If so, and the process is complicated, maybe I would be better off buying another printer?

Alternatively, the 121 cartridges only seem to be on sale in Asia and Africa (as far as I can see). If this is incorrect, please let me know.

Is there an official way to get 121 cartridges refilled (if I can't easily get new ones)

or is that forbidden?

Cheers,

Stu

HP Recommended
Hello Stu

The reset should only need to be done once unless you move to another region again.

The Official cartridges for the UK are HP 348 (photo cartridge), 350, and 351.
Looking up your printer using HP SureSupply and changing the country to the United Arab Emirates indicates that your printer uses HP ink 140/141. To change you region/country click on the map icon or the country/language at the lower right hand corner of the screen.
HP SureSupply

As far as refilling cartridges, HP states that "yes, you can.", however, HP does suggest against it as research shows that refilled/re-manufactured cartridges tend to have much more reliability problems.
Can I Refill The Ink In My HP Ink Cartridge?
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. However, the printer came with HP ink cartridges 121 so I am wary about purchasing yet another type of ink that may not work. Especially when after I open the pack (which I have to do), I can't return it.

The idea of having different number cartridges for different countries may have logic somewhere but it doesn't help the consumer!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.