03-19-2013 11:12 AM
Thank you for posting.
Yes you can install the printer photosmart 5520 without using the CD. Is this because you are using a notebook whihc does not have a CD Drive ????
If you need any further help in installing the printer driver on your PC do write us back telling which operating system you are using on your PC.
At your help an employee of HP.
**Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left**
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
03-19-2013 12:17 PM
Thanks for replying back. Follow the following steps to download and install the driver-
*Disconnect USB Cable if it is connected to the computer*
1. Go to "hp.com"
2. Click on " support and drivers" third link from the top.
3. On the next page, select "drivers and softwares" box at the left.
4. Type in the name of your printer and click on search.
5. Select your printer from the list below .
6. Select your operating system in the bar on the next page and click on next.
7. Click on "Driver- Product installation Software" link .
8. Two drivers will come up , the second one will be hp photosmart 5520 full feature driver", click on that.
9. On the next page you will have to click on download , for downloading the driver.
You will have options to save it, or run it. You can either save for future use or directly run it. And then the file will be used to install the driver on your computer. During installation you just need to click on next on the windows and on connection type window choose the type of connection you want but if it is wireless be sure enough to get your printer online first and then choose wireless or if its just USB , DO NOT CONNECT the USB cable till the time the wizard prompts you to do that.
In case of further assistance please write us back.
05-08-2016 09:43 PM
My husband and I spent 2 days trying to figure out how to make our printer work after we installed Windows 10 (it was working for a week or two then suddenly the computer couldn't find it anymore. Our CD door would not open either so I read in our printer book that it was possible to reinstall the printer without the CD by going online. I found your answer and it worked! I'm ecstatic....thank you!
08-27-2016 07:29 PM
Thank you so much for this help! My family's original printer stopped working for some reason, so we tried to install my printer I used in college, which is also HP to our computer and had a very difficult time doing so. My sister and I tried to install it ourselves. But thanks to your help, we were able to do it now and hope it won't give us any further trouble! Thank you so much again; we truly appreciate it!!