Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 2549 printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i purchased this printer because i thought that the cartridges from my 3050A j611 would work.When i print,only the flesh tones seem to be correct.When i run the print quality diagnoatic,the color bars are as follows;

wide black on top,cyan next,yellow next,magenta at the bottom.The cartridges that came with it print the yellow at the bottom.The colors in both of the cartridges are in the same locations.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@buzzsaw2

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community

Both the printer uses HP 61 ink cartridge depending on the region.

HP customizes some printers and ink cartridges to meet local customer needs. If you take your printer from one country/region to another country/region, you might not find ink cartridges with the same number on the label as your original ink cartridges.

Check the below Printer Specifications for the supported cartridges.

Printer Specifications for HP Deskjet 2540, 2545 Printers: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2540-all-in-one-printer-series/5295960/model/6453728...

Printer Specifications for HP Deskjet 3050 Printers: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-deskjet-3050a-e-all-in-one-printer-series-j611/4311836/docum...

Refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2540-all-in-one-printer-series/5295960/model/6453728...  Black Ink Not Printing

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Raj,i think my issue has to do with refilling a hp tri color cartridge.I had almost new cartridges from my 3050 all in one that died,so i refilled the tri color and tried it in my 2549,and the colors were not correct.The flesh tones looked ok,but the others were not.Printing the diagnostic report shows the following;

wide black bar on top

off color cyan next

pale yellow next

faded magenta on bottom

HP Recommended

@buzzsaw2

Try using genuine HP ink cartridge and check if this works out.

Howevre, follow the instructions in this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2540-all-in-one-printer-series/5295960/model/6453728...

If the issue persists, I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Raj,the 2549 printer came with hp 61 cartridges,which work.The tri-color cartridge diagnostic report prints as;

wide black on top

cyan next

magenta next

yellow on bottom

The refilled 61XL cartridge  prints; black,cyan,yellow,magenta.Did the cartridge get protected from use when it was refilled?

Will it return to normal in time?

HP Recommended

Raj,

i have used the HP cartridges that came with it with no problems.The 61xl cartridges do print with no error messages.The black one is fine,but the tri color one appears to have the yellow and magenta colors out of place,because when printing the PRINT QUALITY DIAGNOSTIC REPORT,the colors print black,cyan,magenta,and yellow,from top to bottom.Here the comes out of the cartridge are correct.

HP Recommended

@buzzsaw2

Appreciate all your efforts!

As mention in the previous post.

I would suggest you contact our HP Support for further assistance.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.