12-25-2014 01:35 PM
Have new HP Envy 5660. Almost too sophisticated for me and small info screen requires steady hand and stylus. I tried to send an email and when I finally got my email address in it wanted a pin and I can't remember whether I ever picked one and if I did I forgot it. Don't know how to get info or change pin. If I could do it on the computer maybe I could read it. My question is how can I get a pin so I can use my email function?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-26-2014 07:22 PM - last edited on 03-13-2017 05:44 PM by OscarFuentes
Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!
I understand that you're experiencing issues with the Scan to Email feature on your new HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer as you're being prompted for a PIN that you do not have. I would like to assist you with this issue today.
How to Set Up A Scan to Email Profile:
To use the Scan to Email feature, you must first set up an email profile.
1. On the printer control panel, touch the Scan icon (), and then touch Email.
2. On the welcome screen, touch Continue.
3. Touch inside the Email: box, type in your email address, and then touch Done.
4. Touch Continue.
5. A PIN is sent to the email address you entered. Touch Continue.
6. Touch PIN, enter the PIN you received in your email, and then touch Done.
7. Touch Store Email or Auto-login, depending on how you want the printer to store your login information.
8. Select your scan type by touching Photo or Document.
9. Verify the email information, and touch Continue
10. Touch Scan to Email.
11. Touch OK when the scan completes, and then touch Yes to send another email, or No to finish.
Once Scan to Email has been set up, you can change your Scan to email account settings should you need to:
1. On the printer control panel, touch the Scan icon (), and then touch Email
2. On the control panel display, touch the account that you want to change, and then touch Modify.
3. Select which of the following settings you want to modify, and then follow the onscreen prompts.
- Store Email
- Remove from list
- Change PIN
- Delete Account
For more information regarding this and other front panel scan options for your printer please click here.
If the front panel options are too difficult, you can always use the scan software on your Mac computer. For all the information on how to scan from your computer please refer to: Scanning with the Full Feature HP Software in Mac OS X . If scanning from your computer, to email a scanned image or document, save the scan to your computer first, and then attach it to your email before you send it.
Please let me know if the information I've provided resolves your issue. Best of luck!