Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4655

When trying to print a half fold greeting card, my printer HP OfficeJet 4655 starts printing when the paper is about half way in. Almost in the middle of the page. I've been having this problem for a couple of months now. Is it the paper thickness/weight?

Its an 80lb white half fold greeting card. I never had this problem before.

I would appreciate any help with this. I have been on the HP site and tried several things....none of which worked.

When I run a regular computer paper through, it prints correctly. But I need it to be a half fold card.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Babyomom 

The printer supports "card" paper in "Index" (ISO for paper type manufacture) as shown in the Specifications

Cards
Up to 200 g/m2 (110 lb index)
Up to 20 cards (17 mm [0.67 inch] stacked)

If the is the paper weight, it has something to do with the type of "card" paper.

80lb Bond or Cover is not the same thing as 80lb Index paper.

The differences, which are important,  are not always apparent on the packaging.

The printer does not support 80lb Bond, even in Media Photo Paper.

If you want to learn more, there are many (many) articles on the Internet.

Search (for example):  paper weight chart

From your description, the cause of the dragging and misprinting might be the weight of the paper.

If you have used this exact paper previously, the source of the problem is elsewhere.

We do not know what you have tried - anything I suggest is guessing and likely duplicating what you have done.

In general,

• Pre-made folded card paper may not work - the crease in the card may cause the sensor to balk as the paper is drawn in.  There is no fix for this.  OK, you could iron out the crease, but it may not help and may burn the paper.
  • If the printer is dirty, things that used to work can stop working.

'Out of Paper' Error, Printer Does Not Pick Up Paper

Paper Jam Error

• The combination of settings must be supported - for example Paper Size, Media, Source (Tray), and whether or not Duplex is supported.

• Drivers can become unusable - driver corruption is more subtle than outright errors in settings because "what should work" can stop working without any apparent reason.  

• If the printer control panel is unaware of the "different" paper loaded in the tray, the printer does not know to change the way it draws in the paper and sets the rollers.

Check / Adjust / Retain the Paper at the Printer Panel

Open Printer Tray,

If you have not yet done so, add desired paper type

Close Tray

IF applicable for your printer:

On the printer control panel, Click Modify (wording varies), set the paper size and type, Click OK

NOTE:  If the size of the Paper Size is not in the Drop-down list, Select Custom

• If custom paper size is supported, the custom size must still fall within the specifications for "Supported Custom Sizes".  Datasheet > Media Sizes Custom Simplex: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Duplex: 3 x 5.5 to 8.5 x 12.2 inch

References

Dragon Document – Collection of Help, suggestions, and examples:

Printing Labels_Business-Cards_Cards

Print Labels, Business Cards, Cards, Booklet, Create Template/Table

Topics / Subjects, various, including:

• Preparation
  • Labels, Cards, and Business Cards
    • Office Word
    • HP Photo Creations and Avery Templates
    • Avery Design and Print (through Windows 10.x) and Mac
      • Print from PDF feature
    • Avery Wizard for Word (through Windows 8.x)
  • Printing and Printing Preferences – Notes
  • Print Booklet
    • Foxit Reader - Booklet
    • Adobe Reader - Booklet
  • Print on Inside of Greeting Card - Test
  • Additional Help (Documents and Notes)

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet 4655 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Happy New Year 2020Happy New Year 2020

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.