Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
C5280 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since yesterday I receive the message "carriage jam". I checked and there is nothing bloking the carriage (i.e. paper) inside the printer. On YouTube I found a video (spanish), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PCUmouo0-E , where they show a product issue by design due to a plastic wheel, incharge of paper transportation, that braeaks causing the false message. I'd like to know if other people had the same issue, how they fixed it, and I hope an HP represetnative will contact me to solve the problem. Thnak you, Corrado Di Nicola.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @CorradoDiNicola,

Thanks for stopping by the HP forums. Good day! 🙂 I reviewed the post the about carriage jam issues on the computer. It will be a delight to assist you here. 🙂

Terrific effort, splendid troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting.  Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Have you bypassed power strips?
  • Did you check for any carriage jams?
  • Did this happen after a power outage or surge?

For starters please perform all the steps from this link for carriage jam: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Photosmart-C5200-All-in-One-Printer-series/3204462/model/3204...  if it has not been done already. There is an associated video also.

If this does not resolve the issue, then the printer has a hardware issue and needs to be replaced or upgraded. To do this please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced. Steps to contact Hp phone support:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @CorradoDiNicola,

Thanks for stopping by the HP forums. Good day! 🙂 I reviewed the post the about carriage jam issues on the computer. It will be a delight to assist you here. 🙂

Terrific effort, splendid troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting.  Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Have you bypassed power strips?
  • Did you check for any carriage jams?
  • Did this happen after a power outage or surge?

For starters please perform all the steps from this link for carriage jam: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Photosmart-C5200-All-in-One-Printer-series/3204462/model/3204...  if it has not been done already. There is an associated video also.

If this does not resolve the issue, then the printer has a hardware issue and needs to be replaced or upgraded. To do this please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced. Steps to contact Hp phone support:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I contacted the HP Customer Support, they passed me the Engineering Support who kindly review with me all possible solutions, but no one worked out, and indeed the issue is caused but a simple plastic wheel that broken after a while. Unfortunately, there is no way to repair the printer, altough my printer is still almost brand new (it is standing on a small cabinet since I bought it, and I clean it regularly), because HP C5280 all-in-one is out of support/production since 2014. HP Customer Support then offered me a Discount Voucher to buy a new HP printer (cash back mechanism). Anyway, I'm truly sorry and very disappointed that I need to throw away a perfect printer (I'd like to show you pictures so you could have an idea), just for ONE silly plastic wheel that cannot be replaced... Furthermore, I still have two original HP Combo Ink packs for the HP C5280 all-in-one that aren't used anymore by any new HP Printer, valued at EUR 80.00... Consider that a similar printer, the HP Envy 5540, now costs around EUR 60.00... This is very disappointing

HP Recommended

Hi @CorradoDiNicola,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 I understand precisely where you come from. I don't live in Bill Gates' neighborhood.  Please contact http://store.hp.com  and find out the printer that best suits your requirements at this time. You could also go to http://suresupply.com and enter the cartridge number. of your current cartridge.  It will give you a list of supported printers for that cartridge.

You could get one of those printers and use the existing cartridges with that printer.

I hope the things pan out well for you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear David, thank you very much for your kind answer and follow-up, I do appreciate. Actually, the Engineering Support told me that the cartridges I own: 2 Combo Packs 350XL (black) + 351 (color) aren't used anymore by any HP Printer. Searching on the link you provided, I saw that the site proposes for my old/broken C5280 all-in-one the Cartridge 74/74XL (black) + 75 (color), which look like exactly the same as the 350XL + 351 I own.

Do you know if any new HP Printer can use my Cartridges 350XL + 351 or the 74XL + 75? Thank you for your help,

Corrado Di Nicola 

HP Recommended

Hi @CorradoDiNicola, I reviewed the post comprehensively. thanks for the super quick reply.

• Please follow these steps to find the list of compatible printers for your cartridges
  • Please visit  http://suresupply.com
  • Then type the cartridge# in the search box.
  • Under the option multiple packs, please click on the link for the cartridge.
  • Then you get a popup box and there click on compatible printers.
  • It will show you the list of compatible printers for that cartridge.
  • Please contact HP phone support or  http://store.hp.com for further assistance.  
  • If you visit the HP store, then please select the country and the phone number normally gets listed for you to call them and find out also.

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. You've been commendable and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I genuinely hope things work great for you and the issue gets fixed. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear David, thank you for your answer and information. Unfortunately, after an extensive research, one by one, following your directions, I discovered that the two Cartridge Combo Packs 350+351 I own, cannot be reused with any new HP Printer. Therefore, due to my C5280 all-in-one plastic wheel broken, I will need to take a loss of roughly EUR 80,00. Thank you for your help anyway. Regards,

Corrado Di Nicola

HP Recommended

Hi @CorradoDiNicola,

You've been simply amazing and absolutely terrific to work with. 🙂 Honestly, I did all I could to assist you here. Obviously, you've done your extensive and copious research and arrived at this deduction. 

However, You could contact HP shopping or  HP phone support to order a printer that best suits your requirements and budget.( I know it is tough on you and we don't live in Bill Gates' neighborhood)  This is the best I could do for you. 

I genuinely hope things work great for you and the issue gets fixed. 🙂

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead.  🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.