Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6234

Hello,

i bought a HP envy photo 6234 printer last week. 2 original cartridges (black+color) were included by the provider. I ordered an additional package of 2 cartridges. Yesterday, after 1 week, both cartridges were empty. (About 100 pages were printed.) I replaced both cartridges, and some more color pages (+/- 25) were printed today. Now the message is shown that the color cartridge is empty again!!

Is this kind of usage normal? My settings have already been changed to concept (low quality), after the first cartridges were empty, but doesn't seem to make any difference.

thank you for your help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Nils_V_D

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "Cartridge empty" issue. 

Page yield is the number of pages you can print with one cartridge. The page yield of a cartridge is based upon the ISO standard for measuring ink cartridge yields by printing out pages with 5% page coverage* until the cartridge runs empty. It means only 5% of the page has ink or toner on it

Actual yield will vary depending upon the amount of content on the page. Highly "dense" documents, such as the text document below, may yield fewer pages than the ISO standard, while less dense ones such as the organization chart below would yield more pages than the standard. Printing that uses primarily one color could cause lower yields for that color, and higher yields for colors not heavily used. The yield you experience will depend upon the content that you print.

If your cartridge ran out printing only 25 pages only, it could be a defective cartridge.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.