Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

HP Offisejet 5610 All in one printer suddenly displays Cartridge Error.  Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot.  Any suggestions?  Troubleshooting hasn't resolved the issue.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem solved after cleaning cartridge contacts.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Please go through the troubleshooting steps in the following link

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00428054

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking all this from my own experience and not for HP.

HP Recommended

Problem solved after cleaning cartridge contacts.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Cartage problem

HP Recommended

@ Arthtarul-  I will need a little more information in order to help out.  Is this the entire error message that is displaying on the printer?  What model of printer do you own?  And are you using genuine non-refilled HP ink? Is the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet? This reason I ask this is because if the printer in not plugged in properly that can cause false error messages on the device. If you do have the same printer that is listed in the link above; have you tried those steps listed ? Have you tried replacing the cartridges in the printer? 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

can u help my hp J3508 having cartridge error and ask to refer device documentation for troubleshooting

HP Recommended

@cassandralai wrote:

can u help my hp J3508 having cartridge error and ask to refer device documentation for troubleshooting

Have you tried cleaning the cartridge contacts?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One. "Carterage error: incorrect carterage" which makes no sense because it was the correct carterage yesterday and ever earlier today. Tried cleaning, but to no avail. All I've seen is people with the same question, not an answer. Can anyone help?  

HP Recommended

cartridge error ! the printer don`t work

HP Recommended

I wait for replay about my problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.