• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cartridge issues

HP office jet pro 6978

Hello, i'm having trouble replacing ink cartridges.  The error message is "remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed."  

I have removed and installed many, many times.  I tried buying additional new cartridges.  I tried updating software.  I tried restarting the printer.  Nothing is working.  Except, when I put the old cartridges that are out of ink back in the printer.  Then I can at least print with the black ink.  The problem is with yellow, blue and pink.

Any ideas?

THank you!  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cartridge issues

I purchased an HP DeskJet Pro a couple of years ago.  I opened the box when purchased, but never installed or used it until yesterday.  I am getting a "Use Setup Cartridges" message, but I must have thrown away the Setup Cartridges away by mistake.  What is the workaround in this case?  I do not care that this product is out of warranty, I just want to print and scan.  Please help.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation