Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp photosmart 5520
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

how to i bypass the setup cartridges error that my printer is giving me. I don't have the cartridges that came with the printer. I have a hp photosmart 5520 all in one printer that doesn't want to recegnize the hp cartridges and its giving me an error saying that i need the cartridges that came with the printer. can anyone please help me ! thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ponci1119

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I believe we can bypass the setup by performing a reset. I've send you a private message with instructions on how to reset the printer.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ponci1119

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I believe we can bypass the setup by performing a reset. I've send you a private message with instructions on how to reset the printer.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you very much! You saved my life!
HP Recommended

@ponci1119,

Thanks for the quick response and I am glad that the issue has been resolved. As @senan6806 is out for day, I am responding on his behalf.

Take care and have a great weekend.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have the same question! i got my printer secondhand without any setup cartridges, any idea how i can bypass that? thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.