4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

cartridge setup error

hp photosmart 5520
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

how to i bypass the setup cartridges error that my printer is giving me. I don't have the cartridges that came with the printer. I have a hp photosmart 5520 all in one printer that doesn't want to recegnize the hp cartridges and its giving me an error saying that i need the cartridges that came with the printer. can anyone please help me ! thank you !

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,667 4,662 306 338
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

cartridge setup error

@ponci1119

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I believe we can bypass the setup by performing a reset. I've send you a private message with instructions on how to reset the printer.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

cartridge setup error

Thank you very much! You saved my life!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,441
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

cartridge setup error

@ponci1119,

Thanks for the quick response and I am glad that the issue has been resolved. As @senan6806 is out for day, I am responding on his behalf.

Take care and have a great weekend.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

cartridge setup error

i have the same question! i got my printer secondhand without any setup cartridges, any idea how i can bypass that? thanks!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation