Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buffie24
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

change INK CARTRIDGE ON MY 8028 office jet pro. The cover to access cartridges seems to be stuck.

HP office jet 8028
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

product

HP Ink JET 8028.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,297 23,253 1,945 3,073
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

change INK CARTRIDGE ON MY 8028 office jet pro. The cover to access cartridges seems to be stuck.

@Buffie24 Welcome to HP Community!

The carriage, which holds the ink cartridges, stalls in the printer, and a Carriage Jam message displays on the printer control panel. A paper jam might have occurred previously.

Step 1: Clear jammed paper from the printer

Paper jams can occur in multiple areas of the printer. If you cannot find the paper jam in one area, continue to the next area until the jam is located.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Buffie24
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No paper is stuck. It was printing fine until ink ran

out. I can’t seem to lift the top to access the cartridges. It seems like it is caught on something? What am I missing

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Buffie24 Please confirm if you've clicked on the link I had posted and gone through all the steps inside it as well?

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Lilly66
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  Cannot open cover to replace cartridge.. Looking for a button perhaps?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lilly66 Welcome to HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, if you have the same product as the OP, did you go through the steps link and its steps suggested earlier? if not, click here for details.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation