• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

change to single sided printing as default on HP8720 printer screen

HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have an HP8720 printer. It is set (on the little screen ON THE PRINTER ) to  "1->2 sided" printing as DEFAULT.

I want to change this to "1->1 sided" printing as Default.  I know how to change it one-job-at-a-time. I want to make

1->1 sided printing the default for all jobs (my printer is not reliable on two sided printing).

How do I do this? This has nothing do do with the operating system of my computer. I frequently use the printer to just copy documents with NO COMPUTER involved. How do I set the DEFAULT to "1->1 sided "printing permanently on the printer! I know how to do it via my MAC, but I need this when I am just copying a physical document.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
28,497 28,219 4,946 11,150
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Click Copy > Copy Document and then select 1 to 1 side and confirm.

Within the Copy Settings menu (the gear icon), scroll down and select Set current settings as default and confirm any prompt, then it will copy 1 sided by default.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation